Softskills for engineers
The overarching goal is the acquisition of selected practice-relevant soft skills for the (professional) everyday life of an engineer. This means that the students should know and be able to apply the selected soft skills after completing the workshop series.
The workshop series consists of 5 modules:
- Module 1: Success, success factors and goals - "Successful in (professional) life"
- Module 2: Time and self-management - "More time for the important things"
- Module 3: Basics project management - "Organized through (working) life"
- Module 4: Communication training – “Make communication great (again)”
- Module 5: Conflict Management - "Transforming Conflicts into Opportunities"
Based on the term "success", success factors are identified and the setting of goals is learned (module 1). In order to achieve goals, a structured approach is required along a (working) day (module 2) but also along a more extensive task or an entire project (module 3). The essential key to the successful completion of projects is appreciative communication (module 4), whereby conflicts can never be avoided and in many cases can be converted into opportunities (module 5).
The event is aimed at students in the master's program and is held as a block event (according to the modules) in 3.5 hour appointments. The number of participants is limited to 12.